Director Sought For District #1
Terry Munter, District #1 has resigned his position on the Clay-Union Electric Board as of May 15, 2019. We wish Terry the best in his new adventures of retirement and thank him for the 11 years of dedicated service.
Clay-Union Electric By-Laws state that within 6 months of a director position becoming vacant, the Board of Directors, by a majority vote of the remaining directors, shall select a new director to fill the unexpired term of any vacant director position, provided however, that the successor meet the following qualifications of office.
A. No person shall be eligible to become or remain a director or hold any position of trust in the Cooperative who:
1. Is not a member in good standing and bona fide resident in the area served or to be
served by the Cooperative and of the district they are to represent; or
2. Is in any way employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or a
business selling electric energy or supplies to the Cooperative, or a business primarily
engaged in selling electrical or plumbing appliances, fixtures or supplies to the
members of the Cooperative;
3. Has been convicted of, plead guilty or no lo contend-ere to, or received a suspended
imposition of sentence for any felony offense;
4. Attends less than two/thirds (2/3) of the monthly board meetings during the past year;
5. Was employed or whose spouse was employed by the Cooperative during any time
within the past five (5) years;
6. Is currently employed by the Cooperative or has an immediate member of the family
employed by the Cooperative;
7. Lacks the capacity to enter into legal contracts or otherwise meet the requirements of
If you are not sure if you live in District #1 please contact Chris Larson, General Manager, 605-624-2673. If you know you live in District #1 and would like to be considered, please submit a letter of qualifications and why you are interested in serving on the Clay-Union Board of Directors to:
P.O. Box 317
Vermillion, SD 57069
Please look around and discover all the things your coop has to offer. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us.